LHS selects Class of 2019 advisers

Class of 2014 advisers reunite to take on freshman class

Left to right: English teachers Keith Woodman, Chris Rea, and Charlie Cangemi address the Class of 2019.

Angela Ruby, Staff Writer

English teachers Charles Cangemi, Keith Woodman and Christopher Rea have teamed up once again to advise the class of 2019 through the next four years of high school.

“I wanted to become an advisor again because the experiences I had with the class of 2014 were among the most rewarding and fun in my entire career. It’s great to get to know students on a personal level outside of the classroom and to work with them toward a common goal. I felt that my role as advisor made me a better teacher and more connected to the school community. I’m really excited to be back at it with a new class,” said Rea.

The advisors said they will assist their class with activities such as spirit week, powderpuff,  “deck the halls,” and more. They will also help plan their field trips, prom, senior week activities, and graduation.

These advisors had much success with the Class of 2014, which was first class to win “deck the halls” and spirit week their freshmen year.

At the time of publication, the class of 2019 placed first place in two of the fall spirit week activities.

“I’m so impressed with the freshmen class showing during spirit week so far. We won yesterday [Monday] and came in second today [Tuesday]. This is a phenomenal start. I can tell this is a special group that will do big things during their time at LHS,” said Rea

The advisors look forward to working closely with the class officers to plan future events.

“We’d like to win spirit week and plan a great field trip for spring,” said Cangemi, adding that they will use social media sites such as Twitter and Instagram to communicate with their class.

“So far the class of 2019 has proven to be highly motivated. I look forward to working with them,” Cangemi said.

The freshmen will have monthly meetings the second Tuesday of every month in room B105.