Spring Pride Week starts up at LHS

As the temperature starts to rise and summer vacation peaks around the corner, students of LHS getting ready for what is going to be Spring Pride Week. Classes will go head to head in order to be named the “Battle of the Classes” champions.

Considering AP and MCAs testing has been conflicting with the regular school schedule, head of the English department, Mrs. Prior, has decided to start pride week on Thursday, May 15.

The themes for the week are as follows:

May 15

Personal Pride: “Prep for your college rep!” Students are encouraged to wear their college attire.

This day also begins the “Can and Hygiene Drive.” Students from each class are asked to bring non-perishable food items, personal care items (unopened) such as shampoo, toothpaste, deodorant, liquid and bar soap, first aid items, and feminine hygiene products for extra points towards the competition.

May 16

Class Pride: “Class color day!” Students are encouraged to dress in their class color, seniors are blue, juniors are red, sophomores are green and freshman are purple.

Students are also encouraged to sign up through Lions Pride club to represent their class at all three lunches this week seeing as how there will be a BTC competition during Friday at lunch.

“Challenge coach Walsh in a beatboxing competition during 1st lunch on Friday, 2nd lunch will be an obstacle course and 3rd lunch will be a dance off,” tweets Physical Education teacher, Becca Gauvin.

May 19

(Monday) Community Pride: “Twin Day!” Dress like twins with someone your grade. The Can and Hygiene drive ends after this day.

May 20

School Pride: “Maroon and White day” Students are encouraged to dress in LHS pride and show their school spirit.

The winners of the BTC competition will be announced 7th period. The classes will be called down to the auditorium and be awarded with a trophy and the title of Battle of the Classes champion.