Boys baseball strives for playoff spot

With only four games left of the season, the LHS boys varsity baseball team looks for one more win to grab a spot in the playoffs.

As the regular season is starting to come to an end, it has been a good season for the boys. “We started out strong,” said Fanning, “We came out more prepared from the gym then other schools.”

The hardest game that the boys played was in their win against Cathedral when they had to hang onto the win by keeping them from scoring. “Every games a grinder,” said Fanning. Most of their wins or loses end up being close, from one to two point differences.

A big thing that the boys focus on is that they are a hitting team, and they have great speed. This is a team that is going to steal, and “teams have a hard time stealing on us with senior Alex Lafayette catching,” said Fanning.

“I have the three best players in Western Mass,” said Fanning. Referring to the three seniors Lafayette, Kevin Borowiec, and Dimitri Bryant. “The next six players depends on how the system is,” he said.

With their 13-4 win over Longmeadow on May 8, it only brings them one step closer to getting that playoff spot and will hopefully lead them to bringing home the Western Mass title.