Golf season comes to an end after making it to Western Mass

The LHS golf team came in 8th place out of the 12 teams that played in the Western Mass tournament on Oct. 21.

“We’re happy we qualified for the championship as a team, but most of the kids were hoping to play a little better. They are all great kids who did their best. We should be proud of the whole group,”said coach Kurt Anderson.

The players that made Western Mass were the top six kids on the team: seniors Marc Miller and Nick Antos, juniors David Annecchiarico and Robert Libiszewski, freshmen Kade Howard and Owen Cocchi. There are nine freshmen playing on the Ludlow high school golf team, playing both on Varsity and Junior Varsity.

“We had a very good season finishing with a 10-6 record. The players had a lot of fun” said Anderson.

The 12 teams that made Western Mass were Ludlow, Minnechaug, East Longmeadow, Agawam, Longmeadow, West Springfield, Westfield, Amherst, Northampton, Taconic, Pittsfield, and South Hadley.

“I shot a 92, but the team didn’t do that good. We tried our hardest and did our best,” said freshman Owen Cocchi

To qualify for States, a school has to be one of the top three teams from Western Mass.