Bruins move one step closer to Stanley Cup

Die-hard Bruins fans cheer loudly in the Garden.

The Boston Bruins advance to the Eastern Conference finals against the Tampa Bay Lightning after a thrilling seven game series with the Montreal Canadiens and a four-game sweep against the Philadelphia Flyers.

With both teams advancing to this round red hot and coming off series in which they both swept, it creates a debate as to who has the upper hand in this series.

Though the Bruins may have home-ice advantage, they know all too well just how quickly a team could steal a game on the road. From winning two straight games in Montreal after trailing by two, to their horrific series against the Flyers last year, they know anything can happen in the playoffs.

Of course die-hard Bruins fans do not like to speak of the past, and with that comes new hope every year. A chance to start over on their quest for the cup.

With a new season comes new players on the Boston roster. With rookie superstar Tyler Seguin and experienced players such as Nathan Horton, Chris Kelly, Gregory Campbell, and Rich Peverly.

With leadership from players such as future Hall of Famer Mark Recchi and Bruins captain Zdeno Chara, the Bruins have a solid team on both the defensive and offensive ends of the ice. Along with the sting from last year’s playoff loss, the Bruins look to shake off the past and focus on this season’s goal of a championship.

It has been 39 years since the city of Boston has been able to call the Stanley Cup their own. With Bostonians getting impatient, the Bruins team of this era looks to add history to a city in which is filled with many historical events.

From the waving yellow towels in the crowd, to play by play announcer Jack Edwards screaming at the top of his lungs, it’s hard to not quickly become interested in the Boston Bruins playoff run.

The Bruins are now eight wins away from being Stanley Cup champions. Taking one game at a time, Bruins fans can almost taste it.

Whether the Bruins do win it all or not, one thing that the NHL promises is that “history will be made.”