LHS Hosts College Fair

Anna Orlandi, Feature Editor

Nearly every high school student has heard the same question: What are your plans for after graduation? Some students struggle with giving a definite answer, but the annual college fair should help narrow down a response. On Oct 25, Ludlow High School will welcome over 100 colleges from the northeast to the college fair in the gymnasium.

According to senior Guidance Counselor Tesha Ward, students will be able to talk with admissions officers representing different colleges and learn more about each school. They can ask questions about available majors and admissions requirements to narrow down which colleges they like.

The fair will host schools including UMass Amherst, Springfield College, and Elms College.

Although college applications are approaching for seniors, juniors and sophomores can also benefit from learning about different paths after graduation. These three grades will be invited to the fair during periods 6 and 7.

Ward advises students to prepare for the event: “You should be ready with questions and a list of schools you want to talk to,” she says.

There tends to be a lot of stress surrounding college applications, Ward says, but the college fair helps put students at ease. Learning about a school from an admissions officer who knows it thoroughly can offer new insight.

Senior Kyle Zucco is looking forward to getting fresh information at the fair. “I really like the college fair, it’s a great opportunity to talk to colleges you like in a less formal setting.”