Fall TV preview

Fall TV preview

Summer has ended. Days by the pool, the smell of the ocean, and the sun’s bright rays have left us, just like our favorite summer shows. As the essence of fall returns to Massachusetts with its foliage, cider, pumpkin patches, and colder weather, our favorite fall TV shows return from their summer hiatus. Also joining the TV schedule this fall is a handful of new shows ready to kick off their series premieres. To kick off your fall, here’s your week in TV.

Mondays: Monday, especially Monday mornings, appear as the bane of our existence; hopefully though, these shows leave your Monday night with nothing else to be desired.

Two and a Half Men (CBS) 9:00: Charlie Sheen has been stirring up the rumor mills constantly with his crazy antics. Those crazy antics will not be returning to Two and a Half Men, though. Instead, actor Ashton Kutcher will be joining the cast of this crazy comedy.

Dancing with the Stars (ABC) 8:00: Season 13 of Dancing with the Stars starts up as we are joined by 12 new “stars,” including Carson Kressley, Chaz Bono, Chynna Phillips, David Arquette, Elisabetta Canalis, Hope Solo, J.R. Martinez, Kristen Cavallari, Nancy Grace, Rikki Lake, Rob Kardashian, and Ron Artest. The result show is the next day at 9:00.

Hart of Dixie (The CW) Series Premiere Sept. 26 9:00: Hart of Dixie is a new show to The CW that follows fresh out of medical school New Yorker Zoe Hart, who is unable to find a job in New York City and has faced a bad break up. Offered a job in a small practice Bluebell, Alabama, Hart relocates and accepts. When Hart arrives, though, things are not what they seem, and go differently than planned.

Tuesday: Cap off the second night of your week with entertaining moments of laughs, suspense, and drama.

Glee (Fox) 8:00: TV’s favorite Glee Club returns this fall after another saddening defeat. Yet they return with another arsenal of songs and dance moves. This season, relationships reform, students graduate, and Sue runs for Congress?

New Girl (Fox) 9:00: Zooey Deschanel takes on the role of Jess Day in Fox’s new quirky comedy. Jess Day is, as Fox claims, “adorkable,” and she is as she makes her own theme songs and makes Lord of the Ring references. After a bad break up, Day sets out on a quest for a new place to live, and an online search soon leads her to a loft with three single guys, who are all strangers. Soon, with the support and guidance of her new roommates, she learns to move on.

Awkward (MTV) 11:30: This current MTV hit Awkward follows your average awkward high-school girl who deals with some not-so-average situations as she handles mean cheerleaders, love triangles, best friend fights, wild parties, and crushes out of her league.

Wednesday: Half way through the week, reward yourself on getting this far by watching these suspenseful shows.

The X Factor (Fox) Series Premier Sept. 21 8:00: Join the king of American Idol Simon Cowell as he sets out to discover more talent as the British TV show, The X Factor, is moved to America. The results show will be the next night at the same time.

Law & Order SVU (NBC) Season Premier Sept. 21 10:00: For all TV viewers who have been filling their craving for SVU by the constant reruns, the good news is that the series starts back up this fall. The bad news is, everyone’s favorite detective Elliot Stabler will not be appearing in this season. Although Fin, Munch, and Benson are returning, will this season still prove as satisfying as those beforehand?

Suburgatory (ABC) Series Premiere Sept. 23 8:30: Single dad George uproots his 16-year-old daughter Tessa from New York City to a house in the suburbs out of concern. Tessa is horrified by the “over-manicured lawns and plastic Franken-moms.” She just seems too out of place, but will she find a way to fit in and accept her new neighbors?

Thursday: You’ve made it through more than half the week, time to celebrate by cozying up to some of these shows.

The Big Bang Theory (CBS) Season Premiere Sept. 22 8:00: Penny! Penny! Penny! Re-join Penny, Sheldon, Raj and the others on all of their crazy outlandish adventures and altercations for the new season of The Big Bang Theory.

Bones (Fox) Season Premiere Nov. 3 9:00: The Booth and Brennan duo is back with a very pregnant Brennan. This season, Booth and Brennan will have to sort out their relationship as coworkers and soon to be parents, but that won’t stop the action.

Friday, Saturday, and Sunday: Spend your weekend away from the TV and make the most of your days off.