Environmental Science Club to host fair

In addition to the Ludlow High School’s annual Lights Out and Power Down tradition, an Easter egg hunt and fair extravaganza has also been planned by the Environmental Science Club to boost Eco-friendly awareness.  On April 16 (rain date –  April 17) from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.,  the club is hosting a fair for children between 1 and 11-years-old at the fields behind Ludlow High School.

This is the first egg hunt put on by the Environmental Science Club, according to advisor Theresa Bullock, and they encourage any recyclable donations.  Soda cans will be used to make felt-covered decorated cups, old tires are planned to be a part of an obstacle coarse, and the LHS wood shop has donated a hand-made bean bag toss.  Items needed, such as Easter baskets, face paint, crayons, scrap construction paper, are listed on fliers posted throughout the school.

So the children won’t lose focus on their hunt due to an empty stomach, peanut-butter sandwiches will be available.  The club would like to make it clear that they are not responsible for any peanut allergies.  To raise money, the club members have also put together a bake sale and raffle.

One to 3-year-old children will start at 10:30 a.m.; 4-6 years old begin at 11 a.m.; and finally the 7-11-year-olds will begin at 11:30 a.m.  Ticket prices range from $10 in advance and $12 at the gate for both the hunt and all activities; tickets only for the hunt are $8.