Bold lips on a budget

The lavished lips of celebrities, Leighton Meester and Kylie Jenner.

The leaves are starting to change colors and so are the trends. Summer brought neon colors into all makeup lovers collections while this fall is introducing big and bold lips.

A-list celebrities like Kylie Jenner are making a statement with voluminous nude lips. Although you may envy her look you are probably questioning on how to make it happen without lip injections and on a high school students budget.

All you really need for those full lips are a good lip stick, gloss and most importantly a liner. If you’re worrying about the costs of quality makeup, quit over thinking and just listen. Quality makeup does not mean overpriced.

Many brands offer inexpensive prices with a high end quality product. The key to finding these brands is patience and knowing where to look. Check out brands like NYX and Wet N’ Wild for perfect nude lip colors to accomplish the look.

Once you have your weapons it’s time to conquer.

First step is to moisturize those lips, ladies. Having soft lips is going to prevent any blemishes from showing through the lip color. If you don’t have a personal preference any lip moisturizer will do. However, if you’re still searching for an effective lip balm companies such as EOS, Nivea or Baby Lips.

Next is knowing your boundaries. Not everyone is blessed with big lips or a big trust fund to purchase injections so it’s time to go back to basics. Overdrawn lips has been a taboo for a long time and it’s time for change. Finding a lip liner that nearly matches your own lip color is crucial. Remember everyone has different skin tones so your shade of nude may be different from your friends so never be afraid to test the color before buying it.

Overdrawing your lips is simple if you follow your natural lip shape, you want to slightly overdraw not look like a clown. Once you’re content with the shape fill in the area with the same lip liner to create a neutral working space. Tip: covering your natural lip and the overdrawn area with a neutral tone lip liner will give the effect that it’s your actual lips.

Now choose your lip color. If you want to achieve the Kylie Jenner look go with a matte nude lip color. The nude color gives the effect of fuller lips and will blend in nicely with the lip liner. However, if you want to have a look that goes along the lines of Leighton Meester I suggest a dark purple shade.

When going with the darker shade it is not necessary to re-line your lips with a matching lip liner since you’ve already outlined your working space in nude. The most important part of dark lips is knowing your color. Every dark lipstick is not suited for everyone.

If you’re happy with the look you’ve created, stop there but if you would like a fuller pouttier lip then it’s time for lip gloss. A clear gloss applied with a gloss brush creates the best effect.

Remember, you can always add more but it’s harder to take away so start with light gentle strokes and get a heavier hand as your comfort level increases. Good luck, ladies!