Girl’s basketball team three games away from making the tournament

With a 7-7 record and just three wins away from making it to the tournament, the girl’s basketball team is striving to reach its goal of making the tournament.

“The girls have been working extremly hard in practice. They have a common goal of making the tournament and they understand the only way to accomplish this is by making each other better in practice,” said head coach Tim Brillo.

The girls have seven games left this season and with a loss on Jan. 31 to East Longmeadow the girl’s look to the seniors for leadership.

“The seniors have been awesome. They all understand their role no matter how big or small [and] they are really setting a great example for our underclassmen,” said Brillo.

According to Brillo the underclassmen and new additions to the varsity team have been playing well this season.

“All of our new players are doing well [and] they have brought tremendous energy to the program,” he said.

Brillo feels that the girls’ key to successfully making the tournament is when the team is at 100 percent.

“I believe and more importantly the girls believe that they can reach their goal of qualifying for the tournament,” he said.