Alison Leecock

Alison+Leecock

Quote: “Things work out best for the people who make the best out of things.”

Major: Biology/Pre-med/ Pre-dental

Fun Fact: Has been a cheerleader for 10 years.

When Ali Leecock first entered Ludlow High she wasn’t much different from how she is now. She worked hard, got good grades, and did Ludlow High Sports. The only difference was that she started up as a freshman “more shy and  nervous.”

Ali’s closest friends as a freshman were Allie Goncalves, Allie Monteiro, and Deavan Theriault.

Although she is still close with them, she said she has made some new friends along the way because of different classes and sports. Ali also considers her boyfriend, Nate Dias, as one of her best friend because they have been dating since 8th grade.

She came into highschool feeling that she needed to “fit in,” but as she got older, she realized that she needed to make herself happy and not really care what other people think.

Ali enjoys hanging out with people who she can be herself around because “those are the ones who will care the most.

“So I have matured in that I am always myself and that I know how to be friendly and work with everyone,” said Leecock

Making it through her [advanced placement] classes and maintaining all A’s throughout high school was a big accomplishment for Ali. She currently has a 4.49 GPA and is ranked number one in her class.

Another accomplishment for Ali would be getting chosen her senior year as cheer co-captain for the LHS cheer team.

“I felt honored that my coaches and other girls felt confident with me as co-captain with Michelle.”

Ali was involved in both cheerleading and track for all four years of high school. Ali participated as a sprinter and jumper for track.

As far as extracurricular activities go, Ali did French club and got involved with the community by taking part in the interact club.

Going into Boston College, Ali says that she is nervous because nobody else from LHS will be there and she will have to learn to be on her own.

“I’m also scared to miss my family because I am close with them,” she says.

She is looking forward to new experiences and challenges in college and “the excitement it brings.”

Ali says that she cannot wait to live out in Boston, she is looking forward to pursuing a medical career in some way, and she really likes helping others “when they are sick or have pain.”

Ali’s advice for new freshman to to get involved with the school and make the best out of the four years of high school.

“I would also say to make sure you try in school, I know it’s not fun but studying pays off in the end, a lot.”

Ali’s parting words to Ludlow High are,“Thank you to all of my teachers and friends, it’s been fun.”