What Is The Most Anticipated Christmas Gift?

Chloe Carroll, Staff Writer

As the holiday season approaches, students are eager for Christmas break to begin. They’re excited to have a break from school, see friends more often, and, of course, celebrate Christmas day.

Christmas is always one of the busiest times of the year. With teachers giving students pounds of work to do right before break, winter sports slowly starting, and preparing for Christmas itself, students are constantly busy. It’s a stressful yet enjoyable time of year.

With all the chaos December has to offer, you might be too busy figuring out what to buy for your friends and family to make a list of gifts you want.

So, I interviewed a few of my friends to see what their most anticipated Christmas gifts were to get an idea of what students are asking for this holiday season. Senior Shealee Cavanuagh shares “I want a new pair of headphones because I’m moving to Savannah in the fall and will be doing a lot of traveling.”

Senior Mina Vickers comments “I really want Jewelry and family time like how it was before covid.” 

Some gifts may not have to be materialistic, Senior Olivia Guerin states “I really just want to enjoy Christmas break with my friends and family and to have a fun trip to Texas.”

Junior Elena Chaplin also adds “For Christmas I want to enjoy my time off and spend a lot of break doing the things that I’m not able to do during the school year, like being with friends and family or reading!”

Personally, I’m hoping for new clothes and new luggage I can use for traveling. I’m also hoping for an amazing Christmas vacation with my family and friends. 

Of course, Christmas isn’t all about gifts and going Christmas shopping, it’s mainly about spending time with your loved ones and being able to enjoy a week long vacation. But, it’s definitely fun figuring out what gifts to get for those you love, and some gifts for yourself. 

Happy Holidays!