Freshman class takes field trip to Boston

On Nov. 25 the Class of 2017 will be heading off to Boston for a field trip. Students will be sent on a scavenger hunt along the Freedom Trail and Faneuil Hall. The trip will be all day, spanning from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm.

For the scavenger hunt, students will form groups with their friends. From there, each group will be given cameras to record things they find, including golden coins hidden in the area. The teams that accomplish the most will win prizes. After the competition, students will be able to stop somewhere for lunch and go shopping.

The event is being organized by freshmen class advisors Kathleen Marino and Meredith Smith.

“We did this trip with the seniors last year and it was a blast,” says Marino, “so we thought the freshmen would enjoy it as well. Mrs. Smith and I are really excited to take the class of 2017 on this trip.”

This opportunity for class bonding outside the high school is eagerly anticipated by the freshmen as well.

“I’m really looking forward to it,” says freshmen Sabrina Minic. “My brother who was in the Class of 2013 went and he said it was a great trip.”

If any freshmen is interested in attending, they can find a permission slip in B108, Ms. Marino’s room, anytime after third period. Both the permission slip and the $60 fee for attending are due November 1.