Dive into the unknown with Sanctum

Dive into the unknown with Sanctum

Sanctum, the 3-D thriller from Universal studios, leaves viewers on the edge of their seats as they begin their journey into the underwater cave Esa ‘ala, diving into the depths  never before explored.

A team of underwater cave divers embarks on this treacherous expedition to the largest, most beautiful and least accessible cave system on Earth. When a tropical storm forces them deep into the caverns, they must fight raging water, deadly terrain, and creeping panic as they search for an unknown escape route to the sea.

Master diver Frank McGuire has explored the South Pacific’s Esa-ala Caves for months, but when his exit is cut off in a flash flood, Frank’s team (including 17-year-old son Josh and financial provider Carl Hurley and girlfriend) is forced to radically alter plans. With dwindling supplies, the crew must navigate an underwater maze to make it out at an unknown opening to the ocean.

Soon, they are confronted with the unavoidable:  not everyone will make it to the end. The team goes on without thinking of what may happen. Their mind set seems to be if they don’t think about it it may not happen. But the realization sets in when panic arises, oxygen is low, and one of the team members battles the bends.

Josh has to come to terms with the differences he has with his father. As they dive deeper into the caverns it may be the end for them both and if they don’t do it together, neither of them will make it out alive. It comes down to  Carl, Josh and Frank with two air tanks left one re-breather and tension is high and Carl falls under pressure.

Will they make it out? Check 0ut Sanctum in 3-D or regular 2-D for the experience of a lifetime.