Kayla Perez

Kayla+Perez

Quote:“The sky has never been the limit. We are our own limits. It’s then about breaking our personal limits and outgrowing ourselves to live our best lives.”

Major: Four years in the Marines and then Criminal Justice

As Kayla entered Ludlow High as a freshman, she didn’t know what she wanted to do. She was a quiet girl who didn’t take school as seriously as she should have.

“As I grew up,” says Kayla, “That was when I started taking school more seriously.”

Entering high school was nerve wrecking, yet exciting for Kayla, as it is for most freshman. Not only did she not know what she wanted to do, she was also trying to figure out who she really was.

As the years at LHS went by she soon found who she really was and what she wanted to do. She was taught by the school to be herself and not let others opinions change her.

“My greatest achievement would have to be graduating and not having to worry about not graduating,” says Kayla.

The most challenging thing to her is getting herself to go into the Marines and listening to what she wants to do, rather than following others opinions.

Her advice to incoming freshman is to take school seriously from the start, because every year counts. Slacking as a freshman can affect how you do in the last three years. Also, to enjoy every moment at LHS.

Although Kayla is nervous for going into the Marines, she knows it will help her for her goals in the rest of her life. After four years in the Marines, Kayla will study Criminal justice then go into the Police Academy. She is then hoping to be a Police Officer or a MP (Military Police).

Kayla says, “One day it’s all over and you’re going your separate ways becoming adults with careers. Always stay true to yourselves you don’t have to make others happy, its your life.”