The Class of 2022 Presents: “The Interim Show: Anything Goes?”

LCTV

Rory DiVenuto, Health and Wellness Editor

Friday, March 11, 2022: opening night of the annual senior show. The audience buzzed with anticipation as the lights flashed and dimmed. There had not been a show for the previous two years, the COVID-19 pandemic canceling the 2020 and 2021 shows. The theme was “The Interim Show: Anything Goes?” Students poured onto the stage, sporting black shirts with neon lettering, the name of the show outlined across each senior. The show was about to begin. 

The performance opened with senior sunrise — the symbolic beginning of the school year. Each skit flowed into the next. Some featured stories of teachers, like Mr. Walsh’s encouragement for students to join the track team, or a staff meeting frequently interrupted by Mr. Mitchell’s many announcements. Other skits featured the talented students of Ludlow High School with musical renditions of Miley Cyrus’ “The Climb” and Green Day’s “Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)” A fan favorite skit told the story of Mr. Martin’s missing hair gell. Students depicted the bald teachers of Ludlow High School as they were interrogated to solve the great mystery.

It’s needless to say the show was a success. Praise was received from students and teachers alike.  

“I really liked the AP Physics bit,” said junior Chloe Carroll, “I loved the true crime, all the bits were super creative and you could really tell that all the seniors were so passionate, it definitely worked out, it was amazing.”

It was so great to have a packed house again both nights at senior show. The participants and the advisors had an opportunity to remind the community what this tradition is all about, and they certainly did that,” said Mr. Mitchell when reflecting on the show.

The show closed with Taylor Swift’s “22” playing as participants danced (Saturday’s show ended differently with an impromptu sing-along of the Backstreet Boy’s “I Want It That Way”), sending the audience off to await next year’s show.