62 seniors receive John and Abigail Adams Scholarship

On Thursday Oct. 24, 62 seniors attended a ceremony to receive the John and Abigail Adams Scholarship. This scholarship provides a tuition waiver for up to eight semesters of undergraduate study at any Massachusetts state college or university.

To be eligible for this scholarship one must have achieved advanced and/or proficient on the MCAS in English Language Arts and Math or a proficient in the Science MCAS as well as rank in the top 25% of his/her graduating class.

This was awarded to seniors by Principal Lisa Nemeth at a brief ceremony for parents and scholarship recipients. With 62 students eligible for the scholarship, compared to last year’s 57, Principal Lisa Nemeth is proud of the Class of 2014’s achievement.

“I am very pleased to see that we increased the number of students receiving the John and Abigail Adams scholarship,” says Nemeth. “It is important to mention though that this year’s Class of 2014 is larger than last year’s so I would expect a few more to receive it. I do want to credit the teachers hard work in instruction and of course the hard work of the students receiving the scholarship. It’s a challenge to excel on the MCAS tests but it’s more impressive to be in the top 25% of your class.”

Senior Jocelyn Minie is excited to have qualified for this scholarship.

“I feel really honored to be recognized,” says Minie. “Even though the scholarship only covers tuition every little bit helps in the end.”

The students who were awarded the John and Abigail Adams Scholarship are as follows: Katherine Afonso, Judith Arciszewski, Gianna Bracci-Walsh, Alyson Bruneault, Jacob Chappel, Samantha Chmiel, James Constantino, Khristine Consuegra, Brian Cormier, Shannon Crowe, Jeffrey Danek, Elias Dec, Emily DeWolf, Mandi Dorval, Willian Eagen, Kayla Eagen, Andre Ferreira, Timofey Gavrilov, Colin Giebner, Nicholas Goncalves, Nathan Hague, Zachary Hall, Shannon Hastings, Beraa Ibas, Kaitlin Jordan, Abby Kinsey, Kane Kwatowski, Cameron Labelle, Ryan Lavigne, Sylwia Lipior, Stefania Mahar, Luis Martinez, Daniel Matias, Mika Matias, Ciara McCready, Marc Miller, Jocelyn Minie, Alondra Moreno, Thomas Mullaney, Brandon Nowakowski, Gina Orlandi, Amanda Oski, Lauren Papianou, Lindsey Pare, Derek Pashko, Gopi Patel, James Patterson, Marissa Ribeiro, Cheyenne Ryczek, Sarah Saccamando, Breanna Saloio, Karina Silva, Peter Skaza, Caroline Suska, Kiara Tatro, Miguel Torrao, Victoria Vikhrev, Brandon Watt, Katarzyna Wielblad, Olivia Wojtowicz, Paula Yelinek and Jonathan Young.