Classes battle it out at powder-puff game

Ludlow will continue with tradition and hold its annual powder-puff football game Thursday, May 31 at the Ludlow High School sport complex. Tickets will be sold upon entrance for five dollars.

The Freshman versus Sophomore game will take place at 6 P.M. while the Junior versus Senior game will be held at 7 P.M.

Senior Bryan Amaral is coaching the freshman team against the sophomores who are coached by fellow seniors Steve Talbot and Ryan Chenevert alongside sophomore advisor Cangemi.

Talbot appears very confident in his team. He says, “I think we’re going to win. No question. We have a lot of players with a lot of different skill sets. What they do have in common is that they’re all athletes, and they all want to win.”

Talbot added that he “crafted a never-before-seen defensive playbook that will shut down any offense that’s playing.”

Cangemi, however, is disappointed in his coaches. “Talbot and Chenevert talked me into letting them coach, but they have not organized a practice or anything. Mr. Woodman is going to step in and help and I am confident the girls will do well.”

The juniors are coached by fellow junior peers Jeremy Lamontagne and Mike Lavell.

They look to have the toughest competition this year because they are facing the undefeated Seniors who are coached by senior class advisor Michelle Fontana and Keith Woodman

Junior powder-puff player Colleen Dusel states, “Well it will definitely be a challenge because they’re athletic but we’re going to work our hardest to hopefully come out with a win.”

The classes that win their game will have points added onto the battle of the classes total. As of now, the Seniors are in the lead. Those attending are also advised to wear their class color as it will be tallied for battle of the classes points, and boys are advised to dress as cheerleaders for their team.