LHS inducts new NHS members

LHS inducts new NHS members

LHS’ chapter of the National Honor Society looks to induct new members Feb. 8. at 6:30 in the LHS auditorium.

The NHS will be inducting 44 new members, 39 Juniors and 5 Seniors. These new members are asked to arrive at 5 P.M. to prepare for the ceremony. During the ceremony current members will make speeches about each of the new inductees.

Adviser Jessica Brehaut states, ” I was surprised [by the number of inductees], but it’s great to know so many students met the national requirement.”

To be inducted to the NHS, a student must meet certain requirements. Students must have never gotten below a 70 and never gotten a detention. Also, they must have a 3.33 GPA,  performed two short term community service acts, have one long term community service act, must participate in two school organizations, have an example of leadership, and must have two teacher recommendations.

Junior inductee Kara Baillargeon, says “I’m really excited and honored [to be inducted]. I look forward to being part of the society.”

Brehaut is just as excited for her first ceremony. She states, “I’m really excited to see the new inductees rewarded for their achievement.”

Her hopes for the ceremony are that “everything goes smoothly and that all of the new inductees and current members have a blast.”

After the ceremonies refreshments will be served for the attendees.