Crumbl Cookies: A Food Review

Crumbl Cookies: A Food Review

Founded by Jason McGowan and Sawyer Hemsley, Crumbl Cookies is a bakery that brings new and fascinating flavors to light. Started in Logan, Utah, this bakery grew in popularity until it was a franchise, spanning the United States. With 918 stores, this company is popular with the common consumer, each cookie being priced at $4.78 for one, $15.58 for four, $23.98 for six, and $40.78 for twelve. With weekly new flavors and excellent reviews, is this bakery as good as people say? On December 2nd, I decided to go to the West Springfield location at 935 Riverdale Street to give it a shot.

Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chunk

The Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chunk is the first cookie I tried, and I have to say, I was very impressed. It was soft without being soggy, and the edges were excellently crispy. The rich flavor of the soft chocolate chunks instantly washed a wave of comfort and nostalgia over me. I rated this cookie a 7.5/10 for its classic comforting flavor.

Peanut-Butter Crisps (Butterfinger)

This scrumptious peanut butter cookie was just as soft as the last one, and while not overly sweet, packed an excellent amount of flavor. The peanut butter drizzle on top paired well with the accompanying chocolate. All of these flavors wrapped together well with the base cookie. I rated this delightful treat an 8/10 for its peanut butter drizzle and all-around excellent flavor.

Triple Berry Cobbler

This delectable treat reminded me of a raspberry cheesecake. It was slightly tart without being overpowering. The cookie itself was soft, yet held firm while being eaten. The flavors blended nicely and covered my tastebuds with bliss. I rated this scrumptious snack an 8.5/10 for the raspberry and cream topping and fantastic texture.

Candy Cane Brownie

The Candy Cane Brownie was covered with chocolate frosting and dazzled with small pieces of peppermint. The chocolate was not overpowering and held an excellent aftertaste. The mint paired with the chocolate combined into a milk-chocolate peppermint bark-like flavor. However, the cookie on its own without toppings is relatively bland.  I rated this an 8.25/10 for its excellent taste and the smoothness of the chocolate frosting.

Cake Batter Blondie

This cookie was not all that good, maintaining a solid 5. It was soft, yet way too sweet, which made the rest of the treat unappealing. If this ever were to appear on the menu again, I would avoid it.

Frozen Hot Chocolate

The Frozen Hot Chocolate cookie was very sweet without being gross. It would pair perfectly with cold milk or a mocha coffee. The creamy chocolate paired well with the soft cookie to produce that iconic hot chocolate taste. The chocolate chunks in the middle added extra flavor and wrapped the whole cookie together. I rated this a 7/10 for the classic hot cocoa taste which paired exceptionally with the cookie.

Final Review

This establishment is an excellent location for a quick, fairly priced cookie. I would rate this bakery an 8.5/10, as each cookie was excellent, excluding the Cake Batter Blondie, and brought joy and warmth to my day.