The Radical Roaster has reached its end

It’s a Saturday morning in Ludlow and like any other morning at the small-town café, the Radical Roaster, people are sipping on their French vanilla cappuccinos, and chatting with old time friends.

A man’s reading The Register in his faded jeans and worn-out black graphic tee; two teens are discussing the night’s plans while munching on cream cheese savvy bagels and enjoying warm cider. And behind the corner Pamela Fleming, the proud owner of the Radical Roaster, is preparing a cup of joe and making small talk with a customer.

However, November holds the last relaxing Saturday mornings at the Radical Roaster due to their expected closing by Dec. 1.

“There’s a season for everything, and this could possibly be the end of the season for the Radical Roaster to be in Ludlow,” says Fleming.

The Roaster first opened its doors on June 12, 2007.

“I literally fell into the space,” says Fleming.  Since that day the heartfelt coffee shop has been nothing but a place where people can “feel at home.”

The Roaster offers countless refreshments that fill your tastes buds with the desire to return for more.

Pam Fleming’s favorite item on the menu is the “Gobbler Sandwich on multigrain bread with cran-mayo, cheddar cheese, and lettuce, with chips, of course!”

The shop not only offers delicious handcrafted sandwiches, but savory muffin tops, unique cookies, savory soups, and coffees, teas, chai, lattes, and more that will convert you into a café drink worshiper.

Unfortunately, the Radical Roaster, as of now, is going out of business. However, there are ways for one to get a taste of the shop before it goes.

Pam keeps the bistro open Monday-Thursday from 6:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. and on Friday and Saturday from 6:30 am to 4 p.m.

If just grabbing a latte here and a soup n’ sandwich there isn’t enough, the Radical will be hosting their last “Open Mic Night” on Nov. 25 at 7 pm.

Open Mic Night’s are usually a $3 admission and a promised good time.  The refreshments are still available for purchase while the performers take the mic.