LHS swim takes undefeated title

Anna Belculfine, Editor in Chief

The boys swim team took home the win with a score of 92-48 and the girls with 93-77 on Jan 29.  For the swim team, becoming League Champions and having an undefeated season is unheard of.

“I couldn’t be more proud of how these teams performed this year,” says coach Shelly Pennington. “Not only are they League Champs, but they are undefeated champions with a total of 4 school records broken this season.”

After experiencing such a great first season, freshman Emma Cote plans to continue swimming for the rest of her years at LHS.

“It’s an unreal experience and we couldn’t have done it without each other,” says freshman swimmer Emma Cote. “It’s definitely different being a freshman on the team because this is my first time swimming on a team, but I had an incredible first year.”

The title League Champions was not only exciting but also bittersweet for the seniors on the team, as this meet was their senior night.

For the seniors who have been on the team for four years, becoming champions was a ¨full circle¨ for them. When the seniors were freshman, they had lost the title of League Champions by a single point. This win was a great way to end their last year of swim.

¨I am proud of our team because we had swimmers with varying experience, and we were able to come together and earn this undefeated swim season,¨ says senior Lauren Teixeira. ¨I am sad that it’s over, but it felt amazing to make history for girls swimming.