Girls Track Team: Last Meet of Season

Anna Belculfine, Staff Writer

The girls track season came to a close with their last meet on May 16 against Amherst. The wind during this meet had a negative effect on most events, but the sprinters were able to benefit from it.

The coaches saw many breakout performances with the sprinters throughout the meet.

“During our season we look for athletes to improve. My main goal is to have our athletes achieve their goals and get better at their individual events,” says Walsh.

Freshman Emily Lima had time of 13.2 in the 100, and Ashley Marini had a breakthrough performance with a time of 14.1. Sophomore Hannah Maynard PRed in the 100 with 13.7 and Angel Estrada had her breakthrough performance with 13.9. Junior Lexi Kipetz ran a PR in the 200 with 29.3.

“Senior Morgan Foye had an excellent debut in the mile running 6:02 and took second place,” says Walsh.

Senior Krystal White, Freshmen Grace Chartrand and Danielle Goncalves performed well in the shot put. They took first, second, and third place.

Junior Kelly McGourty had her best throw of the season in the javelin and took third place with a distance of 65’.
“The track season went very well, says coach Brian Walsh. It was not one of our most competitive seasons but we look very strong for the future. We are a young team, with a lot of talent in our younger athletes,” says Walsh.