LHS ski team prepares for season

LHS+ski+team+prepares+for+season+

Winter sports have just begun and the ski team is preparing for a winning season. Last year the ski team finished fourth out six teams and three returning skiers (Kyle Puzzo, Zac Douville, and Tom Peluso) qualified for Western Mass championships.

“I’m very excited for the ski season to finally start,” said sophomore Zac Douville. “We have a lot more people this year so it should be a good time. I’m also expecting the team to do really well now that Tom Peluso and I have a year of experience on the team.”

In addition to Puzzo, Douville, and Peluso, the team welcomes back senior David Annecchiarico, sophomore Nick Manewich, senior Matt Halastra and junior Patrick Kelleher are all eager to get back onto the slopes. It’s not sure yet if the team will welcome any newcomers.

Kyle Puzzo, who qualified for State Championships last year, says the team is poised to dominate the league.

“I think we have a shot at league championships this year,” said senior Kyle Puzzo, “We have a well rounded team. A good mix of seniors and sophomores. We look good.”

If this year’s team does win the league championship this would be their first time since 1985.

“My goal for the season is to be more consistent as a team and earn a top three in our division and have two skiers make states,” said coach Dave Puzzo.

Their first race is on January 8th at Berkshire East.