A “Night of One Acts” at LHS

Drama Club performs “A Night of One Acts”

Casey Banville, Guest Writer

The Ludlow High School Drama Club has decided that this year’s show will be A Night of One Acts.  The one acts are The Customer is Always Wrong by Ian McWethy, The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon by Don Zolidis, and How to Succeed in High School Without Really Trying by Jonathan Rand.

These one acts are quite varied in style and in plot, but they are all comedies.  Each one provides a different opportunity for the student performers to show off their skills.  For example, The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon is filled with improvisation that challenges the two narrators of the show.  Here’s a little more information on what the shows are about:

• The Customer is Always Wrong is about four high school kids who work at their first jobs.  One is a waitress, one is a movie theater attendant, one is a babysitter, and the other a flyer-passer outer.  The play deals with their jobs, the crazy customers that come with it, and the struggles they face with these customers and their respective jobs.
  • How To Succeed in High School Without Trying is about five agents, who are the seniors of the club, who are giving advice to eighth graders on exactly what the title says, how to succeed in high school without really trying.  Bad advice and hilarity ensues.
  • The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon is about a company of actors attempting to put all 209 of the Brothers Grimm fairy tales into one story.  Chaos results as many actors play a cast of characters that somehow make a cohesive storyline out of the countless fairy tales.  

A Night of One Acts is being performed April 28 and April 29 at 7 PM in the Ludlow High School Auditorium.  Tickets are $10 for general seating and $15 for reserved.  To get tickets, you can call (413) 589-9001 to reserve them in advance or you can buy them at the door.

About Your Company: The Ludlow High School Drama Club produces performances for the students of Ludlow High School.  They aim to help the students to improve their performing skills.  Dr. Eric Johnson has been the director since 2013.