Spring Spirit Week returns

This Spring Spirit will be celebrating “100 years of Athletics” and will begin Monday April 13.

The week will kick off with “Personal Day,” when students and faculty are allowed to wear clothing that represents a different country that represents them. The counting will be held during period 1.

Monday will also be the start of Penny Wars. “Penny Wars is a competition between the classes to see who can raise the most money. Pennies are one points. Silver coins and dollars are subtracted points in other classes buckets.

Students may also attend the boys volleyball game on Monday April 13 to receive more points towards their class.

Tuesday will consist of “Community Pride,” when students and faculty wear show take pride in their local sports teams and counting will take place during period 3.

Students will be able to sign up during all three lunches for sports team competitions held on Wednesday.

The sports competitions will remain to be a surprise.

Wednesday will be “Class Pride,” wear your class color. Each grade will wear their assigned class color. Seniors are red, juniors are green, sophomores are purple, and freshmen are blue. The counting will be held during period 4.

Thursday will be “School Pride,” which is when student faculty will wear school colors consisting of maroon and white and counting will take place in period 7. Thursday will also be the last day of Penny Wars.

“I think we are going to win. We are the seniors. We always do,” says senior Josh Paulo. “We plan to come in strong and leave strong.”

Friday will follow the early release schedule of periods 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, and 5. There will not be a specific theme, but it will be a day to celebrate the Battle of the Class Champions.