Drama Club presents Grease

Drama club and the chorus class will take the stage and shock everyone with the very well-known musical, Grease on Jan. 29, 30, and 31, 2015 here at LHS.

Auditions took place on Oct. 6, 7,8 and 9 at the LHS auditorium. Those who auditioned were required to sing a song, in the genre of rock/rock opera from the 1960s era , perform a choreographed dance, a monologue reading and a cold reading with another auditioner. There will be callbacks for the 31 auditioners notifying them of lead roles in the coming weeks

Emily Worpek, a junior in drama club says “I auditioned because I think its a great experience to have and it’s always a lot of fun. It’s cool to be someone else on stage and there’s no judgement, so it’s never anything to worry about. “

Grease is a musical that takes place in 1959. Danny Zuko (Head greaser) and Sandy Dumbrowski (new good girl) try to relive romance while they and others sing popular songs.

Many of the staff and students are excited and looking forward to the musical being put on by the Drama Club, Chorus, and other volunteers.